Saturday, September 8, 2012

GUT CHECK

Catchy title huh? 

This is not a post about my need to join a gym.  
Let me explain...

Last week my daughter and I went on her school's 5th grade leadership retreat.  There we participated in activities with names like blob tag, leap of faith, bucket of awesome and gut check.  It was a blast!


Here's how gut check works.

You send your precious daughter up a 3 story tower to be strapped into a harness by a burly, tattooed man... 
...who will then push your daughter off a  platform...
...and she will fly through the air, spinning and twisting perilously...
...and she will LOVE it!

It is such a great feeling to love your kid's school and to know they are in the right place.  
We had 2 days of love, leadership preparation and laughs.  Silly songs, games, bad jokes, and smores.
Praise, pajama parties, and an amazing Colorado mountain sunrise.  





 Here's Ellie thinking, "Help me!  There's a dad on my lap!"
There were some really challenging moments like the high ropes course.
This one was tough and it was so sweet to see all these kids coaching and cheering each other on.


She was really happy to have that one over with!
I was happy to have much needed time with my growing girl.  Thanks Ellie!

No comments: