My brother was married over Labor Day weekend in Los Angeles. So to finish off our summer, we headed on another road trip out to California. There were so many great moments and things to be thankful for so I have continued my count of "1000 gifts".
568. a beautiful drive over the Rocky Mountains, through the canyons of Utah, across the desert of Nevada and into sunny California. It was scenic the whole way which made the 16 hour drive more bearable.
569. audio books and snacks for drive
570. arriving at your destination
571. CALIFORNIA - the land of swimming pools...
572. ...and movie stars
574. a math teacher who assigns a picture with Goofy as the only homework while he is away
575. a ride he likes so much that he will stand in line 4 times for it
576. when your kids are finally big enough to ride without you - those teacups make me so sick!
578. mountains of sand
579. "I'm NOT tired..."
580. the wedding
581. ties, suspenders, and boutonnieres on little boys
582. patent leather shoes, big bows and flowers on little girls
583. a beautiful bride
584. 4 kids making it through a Catholic wedding
585. a reception so beautiful and perfect that you put away your camera after the first 5 minutes and just enjoy...
586. the food, the flowers, the firelight
587. the glow of candles, the glow of the bride, the glow you get after a glass of red wine
588. watching kids on the dance floor
589. hearing your brother rap a song he composed for his new wife
590. the personal touches - the jam made by the bride and groom, the jewelry worn by my grandmother,
Papa's favorite apricots, the "hometown" tables
591. knowing when it's time to leave the party before your children turn into pumpkins
592. heading HOME
It was fabulous!
Congratulations Jonathan and Alyx