Monday, December 12, 2011

CHRISTMAS TOUR DAY 3


I recently heard on the radio that the White House will no longer have Christmas Trees but they will decorate "Holiday Trees" instead.  "...Because we are no longer a Christian nation but a nation embracing many faiths" is the comment I heard.   

How sad.

In our house we do CHRISTMAS!  We enjoy the fun of Santa, stockings hung by the chimney with care, colored lights on the house, the hustle bustle, the massive amounts of cookies, setting the perfect table, the parties, the shopping list.  It's all fun!
But when I hear my girls sing...

"The world in solemn stillness lay, to hear the angels sing."

"The thrill of hope.  The weary world rejoices.
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!"  

" Silent night, Holy night!  Son of God, Love's pure light!"
...then I am reminded of what really matters.  

No comments: