Friday, February 4, 2011

SNOW DAYS

What do you call days that school is canceled but there is really only a dusting of snow?  Can you really call them "snow days"?  I don't think so.  While the rest of the country has been covered in feet of snow and children everywhere are shouting for joy and building snow forts,  we are off school for record low temperatures.  It was 12 below zero yesterday.  And still my boys fuss with me about wearing coats!

The first day we all slept in.  I made hot chocolate and muffins.  We sat by the fire.  We watched a movie, played Wii, and got out some board games.  All this family togetherness lasted until about 10:00 am.  Then it began... the boredom, the pestering, the arguments over toys.  Time for a field trip!  Arctic temperatures aren't going to stop us.  Let's get out of here!  So off we went to the library, the McDonald's playground, Target.  Later we even had a trip to the emergency room.

Day 2 had my kids whining "I wish we could go back to school."
Me too kiddos, me too.

Fun at McDonald's for 2 hours while mom read a book.
A trip to the Urgent Care Center after Jack and the girls thought turning out the lights in the storage room to see the Lego ghost glow would be a good idea.  He tripped over one of his sisters and ended up with 2 staples in his head.  At least he has something cool for show and tell.


1 comment:

Michelle DeRusha said...

Yup, we had all of the above this week, too, with two days off from school. There were highs...and lows. I'm always happy to be back in the routine again!