Tuesday, August 16, 2011

ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

I'm taking a short break from our summer recap to share the fist day of school.  It was a big day with my oldest entering middle school and my youngest heading to kindergarten.  There were a few nerves and a few shed tears but it was a successful first day.
 Lockers and schedules and 8 teachers, oh my!
 New outfit, new teacher, same great girl!
 All smiles with a pink backpack, new lunchbox, and the same green dress big sister wore on her first day of school!
Hard start for Jack this morning but he has a great teacher and will do well this year.

I had breakfast and mimosas, with 6 other moms, after dropping the kids off at school.  
Then it was warm chocolate chip cookies and milk with the kids after school.
It was a good day!


1 comment:

Maria said...

Hi Misty!
Your children are growing up so!
Congratulations on a wonderful start to a new school year!
I start back after Labor Day.
Right now, I'm hearing the pouring rain of Hurricane Irene ... I hope it's not as bad as they are saying. I like my basement dry :o)

Wishing you JOY,
Maria