Monday, November 22, 2010

QUICK TAKES

There is a funny Sandra Boyton song called "BUSY BUSY BUSY" that my kids love.  They call it Daddy's song. But lately it's my theme song.  I wish I knew how to attach music to my blog so you could hear this hilarious song... but alas I'm too busy to figure it out.  Here are the lyrics which are sung at breakneck speed like one long run-on sentence.


"We're very very busy and we've got a lot to do and we haven't got a minute to explain it all to you for on SundayMondayTuesday there are people we must see and on WednesdayThursdayFriday we're as busy as can be with our most important meetings and our most important calls and we have to do so many things and post them on the walls.
THEN...we hurry to the south and then we hurry north and we're talking every minute as we hurry back and forth and we hurry to the east and then we hurry west and we're talking every minute and we don't have time to rest and we have to do it faster or it never will be done ..."


 It goes on and then ends with a funny,
  "and we think there is a reason to be running neck and neck and it must be quite important but we don't have time to check.  And if not...well, what the heck."




So I'm busy, painting, and carpooling, Christmas shopping, and dog walking and there's no time to update my blog.  Here are a few quick takes in the life and times of our household.


1.  Tonight we will attend the 2nd and 3rd grade musical called "The Turkeys Go On Strike" .  There will definitely be pictures to come because Jack is playing an Indian and Ellie (much to her dismay) was assigned the role of a turkey.  She wanted to be a pilgrim and she is mortified to wear a beak and "gobbler thing".  I told her that if she is going to be a turkey she should be the best turkey she can be!


2.  Saturday I went with E.J.'s class on a field trip to the Operation Christmas Child's processing center in Denver.  It was amazing!  E.J. is doing a great job with his 5th grade service project and has collected over 50 boxes.  The school's goal is over 4,000!

3.  We are doing a non-traditional Thanksgiving this year.  We head to Las Vegas on Wednesday.  I'm sure there will be many photo opportunities there!


4.  I'm a painting machine.  It's amazing the change a $20 can of paint can make.  So far I have rid the pantry, Molly's room and now the dining room of the dull tan color that covers the entire house.  Jack's room remains tan but we painted his ceiling dark blue and attached glow in the dark stars.  We also have plans to paint Ellie's room, the girls' bathroom, and the master bedroom at some point.  


5.  I'm 90% finished with Christmas shopping.  I love being finished early so I can actually enjoy the season and skip the chaos.


6.  Dr.  Seuss has amazing insight and so does my 4 year old.  We were reading about the Star-Bellied Sneetches and Molly declared at the end.  "I would kept my money and just be'd friends in the furst place mama."  She is wise.


7.  Word to the wise - If you have a dog and a zhu-zhu pet in the house you must be sure to keep them apart.  We had a very gory incident in which the zhu-zhu pet didn't make it.  I will spare you the photos.  It was a scene of destruction, plastic bits, wires, batteries, and a ragged piece of pink and white fur with only 1 remaining eyeball.  



That's all I've got today.  We're off to school for a Thanksgiving lunch feast cafeteria style.  Yum!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love Sandra Boynton. Am going to have to google this song. My mother-in-law, year after year in her Christmas letter, always described us as busy. It used to make me really uncomfortable. I, too, like getting the shopping done early so I can enjoy the season. And the Zhu-Zhu pet/dog encounter just made me laugh. I can so picture what happened!