Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A GUEST POSTING BY CONE HEAD

Hi everyone!  I've had lots of blog ideas but I've been so busy getting settled and adjusting our family to the new school schedule that I haven't made time to sit at the computer.  I have plans to give you a tour of our new home and lots of fun updates on the kids soon.

Today I'm featuring a guest post by another member of our family.  Enjoy!


My name is Peanut and I love my family.  Really, I do!  But I am struggling this week to understand what I have done to deserve this cone.  My people laugh and call it "The Cone of Shame".  (I think that is from some movie they watch on the black box in the living room.)
I try to be good but sometimes I just can't help chewing stuffed animals, or stealing socks from the laundry basket.  And really, if they leave their shoes on the floor I simply must have them in my mouth.  But now I wear this cone.  

It was a little scary at first.  I couldn't see to the left or right.  I keep bumping into walls and when I am tracking rabbits in the park the cone mows the grass or makes loud scraping sounds on the sidewalk and then any chance I had of catching that bunny is gone!  Yesterday I was sure the wooden blinds on the french doors were attacking me and I was really frightened.  When my master laughed I realized that it was just the blasted cone that got tangled!  Plus people keep laughing at me everywhere I go and calling me conehead.
It's really getting me down.
On the bright side, she did let me sit on the couch for a few minutes.

But this too shall pass.  I am a Golden Retriever, happy-go-lucky and loyal to the end!
I will hold my head high (especially when going up stairs) and carry on.  

A dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta do man!

editor's note:  Peanut got something in his eye and couldn't stop scratching it.  He developed an ulcer in his eye but is healing quite nicely.  We hope to lose the cone in a week.  His spirits remain high.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Poor Peanut! :-( I just spent some time looking over your blog--it's wonderful, but I must leave it now before missing you makes me too sad. I'm so glad things are going so well for you out there! Tomorrow we take 4-H exhibits to the fair, and we'll be fondly remembering our time there with you last year!

Maria said...

Hi Misty!
Oh dear! I can totally sympathize with you, Peanut!
I have had eye issues all 16 years of my Shih Tzu life! Right now, I can hardly see, maybe a shadow or two...BUT... open the fridge, make a sandwich, start supper... I'm there!
My nose is still working just fine, thank you!

Good luck with that cone thingy. It must be annoying ... but hey~ at least you can see your dinner dish! LOL
~ take care!
Muffin {Maria's dog}