Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1ST POST

       Well... here I go!  I have entered the world of the technologically savvy.  I don't speak the language and I don't have a map.  But,  I'm officially a blogger.

        A couple years ago I was having trouble balancing life at home and in a PMS induced haze I googled "simplify your life".  I don't think I had ever "googled" in my life.  And if the list of 2,640,000 results for "simplify your life" was the answer,  then it was about to get rather complicated. I began to cry.  Divine intervention led me to SimpleMom.   "So this is what a blog is." I said to myself, "Neat!"  And I began to read.  And I figured out that if I clicked on the names of the other sites named in the blog I could magically be transported to other blogs.  Wow!  There's a whole blog world out there!

        I was "meeting" some really interesting moms and I began to feel like they were my friends. They were brightening my day, offering encouragement and advice, funny little stories about their family life and ideas that sparked my creativity.  It was like a having really great pen pals except I wasn't writing back.  For 2 years I have been enjoying  getting to know my "imaginary friends" and now it's time to stop lurking and introduce myself.  So, welcome to my blog;  a place to share my life with far-away family and friends and to turn my imaginary friends into real relationships.

No comments: