Friday, January 29, 2010

WINTER WONDERLAND






I'm no photographer.  I have a cute little pink, point and shoot camera and no special skills, but I love these photos of winter.  I'm so blessed to have a fabulous trail that goes right by my home.  It is beautiful this time of year.  


It is easy to hibernate all winter; to go from house to car, and from car to the store for provisions and back again.  I have to force myself to get out in the cold weather.   So we bundle up, leash the dog and head out with promises of hot chocolate when we get back.  



Last time we walked it occurred to me that since the Bible writers were warm weather folks, they wrote about the desert.  The Israelites wandered in the desert, they were slaves in Egypt, they went through times of drought.  Jesus faced temptation in the desert and  he washed the desert sand off the feet of the disciples.  The scriptures are full of references to thirst and the importance of water and all it symbolizes.  
What a different world from where I am now!  Yet the human need is the same despite the location.  Still,  I wonder how the ancient writers would describe these scenes before me. God's creation really is a wonder.




No comments: