Thursday, April 29, 2010

AWARD


A fellow blogger gave me an award for my English Muffin post the other day. Stacia found me through the blogging party I participated in at Serenity Now.  She has a cute and colorful blog called Little C Makes Three.

An Award?!  (That's what my husband said when I called him to brag.)  
Now he is a big fan of my blog, naturally, but he was a little surprised that I would be receiving awards. 

I have no illusions of fame or a book deal.  I know this award is more "chain letter" than Pulitzer but what FUN!  Plus the little graphic is pretty and makes me smile.  So here is how it works.  I pass on this award to other bloggers who have inspired me and who put a little sunshine in my day.  Hopefully you will visit them and we will have all encouraged one another.  And really that is what blogging is all about!

I pass this Sunshine Award on to these wonderful women:

The name alone is great -with the subtitle "You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Hairbow".
Ellen has an adorable blog, and she writes a really funny post.  Her Road Trip post had me laughing out loud.  Enjoy!

Jenny is someone I found through the Gratitude Community at Holy Experience.  I have felt a connection to the simplicity and beauty of her blog.  She recently started Sixty Seconds on Tuesday and I love her idea of capturing those small moments that get away from us.  

Megan began her blog at the start of this year, like I did, and I really admire how fabulously styled her blog is.  When you see her header it will make you want to raise chickens and bake something.  She is another find from Holy Experience.  It just makes me smile to visit her colorful world.  She takes beautiful photos of her life and includes God's Word in every post. Her post entitled Bringing the Colors of Spring In make me want to paint something.  Her recipes are divine.

Here is another blog that I love because it has style and substance.  Edie is snazzy and so is her blog.  I covet her fabulous turquoise kitchen but now she has moved and I can't wait to see what she does with her new place.  Plus I love what she said in The Theology in Harry Potter.

Jennifer's blog is one I visited when I first discovered blogs a few years ago.  I don't remember where I found her but I have enjoyed popping over on occasion and seeing her life around Washington D.C.    You must see her her recent post entitled Blossoms.  She has the most beautiful photos of the cherry blossoms!



Rules for the Sunshine Award Recipients:
1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
2. Pass the award on to 12 other bloggers. 
  (OK - I didn't quite follow the rules here.  12 is a lot of reading and linking!  I say quality rather than quantity.)
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Link back to the person from whom you received this award.

5 comments:

stacia hehenberger said...

I laughed when I read your hubby's response. Mine had a similar one. In fact, he said something like "Do you get bad luck for 10 years if you don't pass it on". I agree with you though, this is a great way to learn about more fabulous blogs. Take care!

Maria said...

Congratulations, Misty!
and YES you do have a very Sunny Blog :o)
Enjoy your weekend and your family!
~Maria

{edie} said...

Misty,
You are so kind to me!!! Thank you so much for thinking of me and thanks for reading my ramblings. I've been on your blog before---I had a deja-vu moment. So nice to officially 'meet' you. I love your header. Hope you have a great weekend and thanks again for the 'love'!
hugs,
edie

Jenny said...

Thank you for your kind recognition.

This Is Stupid said...

Yes, thank you!
I will have to think about who to pass it on to.
It is so nice to have found you!
Blessings on your move =)