We've got on our party shoes shoes today!
I have a lot of fun linking up with other blogs. On Mondays I participate in Holy Experience's list of 1000 gifts. On Tuesdays I post a quick photo with Jenny for Sixty Seconds on Tuesday. Today I thought I would link up with Serenity Now for a blogging party.
Amanda at Serenity Now has an adorable blog and has decided to host a monthly blogging get together. She is a great hostess because not only has she decorated with the cute logo to the right, she also has ice breaker questions laid out below, and promises party favors for a lucky winner. Thanks Amanda!
1. How long have you been blogging? Well I've been reading other people's blogs for 2 years and finally decided to join the party in January this year.
2. Why did you start? Because I wanted to do things like this! Our family has moved many times, I'm home with 4 children, my husband travels for work, and at the moment I live rurally. All this makes me a pretty isolated mama. It's tough to arrange play-dates but I have had some great friendships develop online.
3. Your title - How did you chose it? I wrote a post about my title. It's a sweet story and you can read it by visiting The Yellow Shoe Story.
4. What do you blog about? Many people describe blogs as online journals and I guess that is what I'm doing. I love to share random bits about my children, my home, my faith, things I'm reading, cooking, and creating. I like to focus on the seasons; changing my header and including the joys of each season in many of my posts. I love taking and sharing photos and that is an important part of my blog. I have always been inspired by the ideas and photographs in the many magazines I read. It's a visual thing. All my favorite blogs are like my favorite magazines, filled with great writing, ideas, and beautiful images from other mothers. I am sorry to say I have probably missed out on many a great blog post because I wanted to see more than just black text on a white page. I can't help it. I need pretty on the page to keep my attention. This is weird because I am an avid reader. 1000 pages of English Lit. - No problem! But when I'm looking at a screen I need something more.
5. What is your favorite thing about blogging? The creativity that doesn't involve crayons and cleaning up afterwards. The connection with other like minded mothers. Feeling like I had a adult conversation. The inspiration I find at so many great sites. Staying connected with family and friends I don't get to see often. The writing - I enjoy the process of collecting my thoughts and refining what I want to say in the quiet hours when my children are asleep.
6. If you had to choose one famous person to become your blog's next devoted reader, who would you pick? I have to stay in blogland for this question and say Pioneer Woman. I love her. She is certainly famous now with her cookbook, TV appearances and a movie deal. She was just one of us a few years ago! A mom, isolated on an Oklahoma ranch blogging about her love of family, food and photography. She is SO funny. It doesn't hurt that I'm from Oklahoma too so I have to love her for showcasing my often neglected home state.
7. What is the funniest comment you've ever received on a blog post? Well I have to say the most ridiculous thing to appear in my comments was something I wrote. Follow the chain of comments below and see for yourself what a techie I am...
from my Random Bit #4 post
haha! I love those shoes! I am always taking strange pictures...Will has just learned to deal! Its a blogger thing!
Completely disregard the above comment! Kim, if you read this please do not think it was in response to your comment. I was trying to show my mom who is here visiting how to make a comment. To do a test I randomly typed BOO HOO. Don't ask me why. That's just what popped into my head. Now I have to figure out how to delete comments! It's the blind leading the blind around here!
I totally embarrassed myself with this one! I don't know if poor Kimberly has been back to visit.
well, that was fun! i'm off to visit the blogs of some of the other party goers to see how they answered those questions. Have a great day.