Wednesday, April 28, 2010

TUESDAY BLESSINGS

(except it's already Wednesday!)

It's all too easy for me to focus on the things my kids need to change.  I correct, guide, worry, discipline and yes, sometimes rant and rave all day.  Today I want to focus on encouragement.    I want to set aside the difficult and let the world know they are sweet little souls.
On our Tuesday trips to the nursing home they are a blessing to the residents.
They are good medicine for weary bones and a delight to those who often feel alone.  

We walk with Him when we bring our joy and smiles to those who delight in the company of children.
To see how others Walk With Him visit below.

P.S.  I'm linking to 2 sites today.  If you are here visiting from Holy Experience I'd like to introduce you to Jenny who started Sixty Seconds on Tuesday.  We share just sixty seconds of our day in a photo and a sentence and it is lovely.  

7 comments:

Michelle DeRusha said...

Misty,
I love this! I visited my Nana in the nursing home for years and years, and when I brought my young children, it was clearly a blessing to so many of the residents there. Nana is gone, but this makes me realize that perhaps the tradition can still continue. Thank you for providing inspiration and a little nudge today.

Jenny said...

It's hard to tell who is enjoying the visit more! What a wonderful ministry.

Pam said...

Hi Misty! I thought I'd drop over to see you at your place. I LOVE the Yellow Shoe Story. I'm looking for something to remind me of those lessons. When I find it, I'm going to leave it out where I can see it. Thanks for inspiring me and making me smile today!

This Is Stupid said...

ok, so I have been wanting to take my girls to visit nursing homes for a while now, but I keep making excuses! I am going to call and make plans to do it! I really will!!!
You are moving?! Are you ok with it? We thought a few months ago that we'd be moving and I nearly lost my mind. Long story, and it turns out that we aren't moving now, but God had a HUGE work to do in me with all of that. Glad to have found you, too =)

Angela said...

This was excellent! I use to do this with my kids when they were younger, but got away from it for one reason or another.

I know what you mean about always ranting and raving. Sometimes we do have to be purposeful.

Thanks.

Shannan Martin said...

So true! I get so tired of constantly correcting...it never ends! But maybe, what we all need is a little break. A little grace. :)

Stopping by from Holy Experience.

tulsaone8 said...

I have many great memories of visiting the nursing home with Aunt Judy and Jason and Clint. I'm glad to heart that you're keeping the tradition alive Misty.